Another Science Week went by. What follows is a taste of the events in which ICIQ researchers have been involved. They all cared about getting science -and of course, chemistry- closer to the public. They did their best to share their passion for science and to encourage youngsters in pursuing a research career. As clear as day, they had lots of good experiences and fun.
- Vols saber què investigo? (Want to know what I’m investigating?) Ignacio Funes, PhD student in the Maseras Group, was invited to deliver the monologue Fotoprotégete (Photoprotect yourself). He brought back Summer by talking in-depth how to protect yourself from the sun’s damaging rays. By the way, Ignacio won this stand-up comedy contest on science last year. (Teatre Bartrina, Reus, November 15th).
- Química en família: Once again our family-oriented workshop was a total success. Kids walked around, looked timidly at the display of experiments set for them, and then dove into them with gusto. Their curiosity was satisfied. (ICIQ Auditorium, November 16th and 17th).
- Ciència a les Escoles: Three ICIQ researchers delivered talks in Tarragona area schools on November 16th. Ciència a les Escoles is organized by FCRI and Departament d’Ensenyament. Here’s the list of the researchers and their talks:
– Ángel Mudarra: Del átomo a la estequiometria (From the atom to the stoichiometry) INS Priorat, Falset.
– Cristina Rodríguez: Aprovechamiento de la energia solar y día a día en un laboratorio (Using sunlight and everyday life in a laboratory) INS Móra d’Ebre
– Ignacio Funes: ¿Se puede ser químico sin bata de laboratorio? (A chemist and not wearing a lab coat?) INS Martí l’Humà, Montblanc.