All the application procedure will be made online. Other means of application will not be considered. Applicants must fill out and submit the online application form available at the Jobs & Grants section on ICIQ’s website (http://www.iciq.org/jobs-grants/).
Only one application per person will be considered. In case of multiple applications, we will just consider the first application submitted.
After completing online the personal data fields, applicants must attach the following documents:
- Required documentation
- A full Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format).
- A Personal Statement that describes the applicant’s academic background, research experience and career goals (maximum two DIN A4 pages, in PDF format). This is a very important part. Please take the time to communicate what your interests are and how they would fit into carrying out your PhD at ICIQ. You should also mention the group that you would like to join to carry out your PhD and the reasons you are interested in the group leader and the research project.
- Official transcripts of your BSc and MSc studies in PDF format. A scanned copy of the certified academic record of the studies granting access to the PhD programme (BSC and MSc if available). In case that the MSc studies have not yet been completed at the time of the application, include details on the subjects in which you are currently enrolled (subject name and number of credits). For academic records not issued in Catalan, Spanish or English, a certified translation in English should be provided. For degrees obtained in foreign institutions, the academic record must include the range of marks used in the corresponding countries and the minimum mark to pass, as well as the hours or ECTS and marks for each subject.
- Contact details for letters of recommendation of two University professors or other relevant individuals who can assess your potential for research. We will directly contact the persons you list for letters of recommendation. We suggest informing them.
- English proficiency level: Applicants must supply evidence of their proficiency in written and oral communication in the English language (B2, First Certificate, IELTS 6 or equivalent). Applicants from Anglosphere (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) are exempted from this requirement
- Candidates have to provide the Bachelor and Master universities positions in the Shanghai university ranking:
- Desirable documentation
- Chemistry level: The score of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – Chemistry Test is an added advantage for evaluation.
Please note that documents sent in hard copy cannot be processed.
Applicants should select one PhD supervisor.
Once the application has been successfully completed, an acknowledgement e-mail will be automatically sent. Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
In accordance with the new General Regulations on Data Protection 679/2016 of the European Union (UERGPD), you consent that your data will be collected and processed by the INSTITUT CATALA D’INVESTIGACIO QUIMICA, in order to be a candidate in the process of selection that our entity can make, as indicated in the detailed information on data protection. You may also be sent communications about our activities and services that may be of your interest. Your data will not be transferred unless legal obligation. You can exercise your rights to access, rectify and/or suppress your data, or other that you may recognized, according to the General Regulations of Data Protection, contacting the following address: INSTITUT CATALA D’INVESTIGACIO QUIMICA – Av. Països Catalans, 16 – 43007 Tarragona – Spain, or by sending an email to: LOPD@iciq.es.
In compliance with the Law 34/2002 of 11 July, Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI CE), you authorize us to send you electronic advertising and communications that may be of your interest, regarding the job application and/or documents for the correct execution of the established relationship.