- The awardees of an ICIQ PhD fellowship will be considered research personnel in training and they will have an employment contract (a pre-doctoral contract) which is regulated in the Spanish Law 14/2011, of June 1st, of Science, Technology and Education.
- Pre-doctoral contracts are renewed annually for up to 4 years. Renewal is subject to satisfactory performance in the PhD studies and related research activities.
- The gross yearly salary of the contract shall be € 16422, split into 12 monthly payments.
- The fellowship includes full social security coverage through the Spanish Social Security system, providing access to the Spanish public health care system and pension and unemployment benefits.
- The fellowship holder is entitled to temporary interrupt the fellowship in the following situations: temporary disability, risk during pregnancy, maternity, paternity and adoption or foster care. The time elapsed during this interruption will not be accounted for against the total time.
- The contract will take effect on the date when the awarded student joins the centre.
- The PhD fellowship includes the costs of enrolment in the PhD programme. These costs will be paid by each beneficiary to the university, and later they will be refunded by the ICIQ. The PhD thesis has to be completed within 4 years.
- The PhD fellowship awardees will work full-time at ICIQ and may not receive any other fellowship or regular income.
- The PhD fellowship is incompatible with any other fellowship with the same purpose.