The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Scientific communication and outreach technician to work in the Communication Unit.
This position is funded within the framework of the measures to improve employability of the “Plan Nacional de Implantación de la Garantía Juvenil y del Sistema Nacional de Garantía Juvenil” and the European Social Fund.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Catalysis and Renewable Energy. (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
The successful candidate will support the Communication Unit at ICIQ. In particular,
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Creation of content for the different communication platforms of the institute (web page, newsletters, bulletins, intranet, ICIQ virtual laboratory, alumni web page).
- Support in writing press releases and supporting material addressed to the media.
- Collaboration in the creation of material (written and audiovisual) for the dissemination of educational activities and institutional programmes.
- Support in the organization and dissemination of events.
- Monitoring of communications actions in media outlets and social media.
- Data collection and maintenance of databases.