The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Laboratory technician to work in the High Throughput Unit of the Research Support Area.
This position is funded within the framework of the measures to improve employability of the “Plan Nacional de Implantación de la Garantía Juvenil y del Sistema Nacional de Garantía Juvenil” and the European Social Fund.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Catalysis and Renewable Energy. (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
The candidate will work in the High Throughput Experimentation Laboratory of the Research Support Area at ICIQ.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, checking and calibration of the lab equipment (mainly GC-MS, UPLC-MS, SFC and glove box).
- Help the users in the use of the High Throughput Experimentation synthesis and analysis
- Help the users in the use of the analysis software
- Management of the equipment repairs
- Management and maintenance of the reagents library
- Organizing and order consumables