The Unit Crysforma at the Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a PROJECT RESEARCHER in pharmaceutical solid state development. This position will be funded by a project in collaboration with the industry.
CRYSFORMA is a technology development unit aimed to provide scientific and technologic support to the pharmaceutical and fine chemistry industry in the development and characterization of the solid state of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Crysforma’s mission is to help improving the competitiveness of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, which will contribute to innovation and technological improvement of this industrial sector.
ICIQ is looking for a Project Researcher to lead and develop the projects of Crysforma in collaboration with the pharmaceutical companies.
- Conduct projects in collaboration with our customers in the areas of polymorphism, salt and co-crystal screenings of pharmaceutical products.
- Use a range of different solid-state characterization techniques (PXRD, SCXRD, DSC, TGA, IR, Raman, DVS, PSD, BET, optical microscopy,…) and additional analytical techniques (HPLC, KF, rheometer, NMR,…).
- Perform experiments to optimize crystallization processess.
- Perform data evaluation, interpretation, report writing and presentation of results to the customers.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (lab notebooks, ISO, registers).
- Comply with ISO 9001, safety requirements and laboratory procedures