The Institute of Chemical research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Learning & Development officer. This position will be funded by the ICIQ’s Severo Ochoa grant (MINECO, SEV-2013-0319).
ICIQ is looking for an experienced Learning & Development officer to support the Institute in the effective delivery of the overall L&D strategy. The post holder will identify training and development needs, design, create and deliver solutions across the organization at every level, especially at PhD and post-doctoral level. He/she will be responsible for setting clear points of evaluation and be able to demonstrate the degree of success achieved for all L&D actions. The successful candidate will report directly to the ICIQ HR Manager.
To excel as an L&D officer, we expect you to be experienced in performing training and development activities in an academic scientific environment. You should have an open mindset and strategic thinking to coach researchers on their career path at all levels and you also should have a steady commitment to help them find success in&out of our Foundation.
- Identifying training and development needs for PhD and post-doctoral researchers
- Identifying training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Group Leaders and unit Managers for permanent scientific and non scientific staff. In a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organization
- Designing and expanding training and development programs based on the needs of the organization oriented to PhDs and post-doctoral researchers, and to individual permanent scientific and non-scientific staff.
- Working in a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organization, such as unit managers, Group Leaders, etc., producing training materials for in-house courses
- Appraising the costs of planned programs, budget control and ensuring high quality standards and first-rate providers
- Developing effective induction programs and providing coaching when needed
- Conducting the ICIQ appraisal plan and devising individual learning plans
- Managing the delivery of training and development programs, monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with GLs, unit managers, etc.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met
- Amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the scientific & work environment
- Helping employees and trainers solve specific training problems
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by attending meetings and relevant courses
- Having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages