The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking an Experienced Researcher. This position will be funded by European Research Council – ERC project CATA-LUX.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for an experienced and motivated researcher with a PhD in Chemistry to carry out research in the group of Prof. Paolo Melchiorre. For this project, we are looking for strongly independent and motivated candidates with a proven track record in synthetic organic chemistry and enantioselective synthesis, either metal-mediated or organo-catalyzed processes. Only candidates with a PhD degree in enantioselective catalysis, synthetic chemistry, and/or photochemical- and radical mediated processes in a well-reputed research group will be considered. Previous experience in radical chemistry and/or photochemistry and skills in anaerobic and anhydrous Schlenk techniques are an asset.
- The successful candidate will work on the development of novel enantioselective photochemical organocatalytic processes and their mechanistic elucidation.
- The successful candidate is expected to be familiar with common laboratory techniques and reaction screening conditions as well as with general analytical tools (NMR, GC, HPLC, etc).
- Writing reports of the obtained results in a format that is close to a scientific article for publication in international journals; thus a high level of English communication skills (oral and writing) is required.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Complete documentation of research results.