The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher. This position will be funded by ICIQ.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for a highly motivated and experienced researcher with a PhD in Chemistry to carry out research and provide support in the supervision and mentoring of MSc, and PhD students. The research area of the Ballester group is focused in the field of supramolecular chemistry. The selected candidate will work on the design, synthesis, study and characterization of functional molecular aggregates. The candidate will work applying molecular self-assembly processes as methodology to construct large and functional supramolecular assemblies, i.e., molecular machines. The post also involves scientific training and education of early stage researcher.
- The position will involve carrying out the synthesis of organic molecules and the use of a wide range of techniques for the physico-chemical characterization of supramolecular systems (NMR, UV-Vis and ITC).
- Assist in the training and supervision of student’s projects and in the development of student’s research skills.
- Writing of scientific reports and manuscripts including review articles and book chapters.
- Assist in the manuscripts’ revision and writing of research projects.
- Communication of obtained results in national and international meetings, as well as to non-scientists.