The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Project Manager with Science Communications experience. This position will be funded by a H2020 European project (816336).
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
The officer will work at the Research Projects Department, giving support to the dissemination and communication actions of key ICIQ projects and supporting the preparation of European competitive projects. The Research Projects Department helps researchers at ICIQ identify interesting calls, prepare the applications and manage competitive projects awarded by international and national research agencies and foundations. The project manager officer will mainly focus on a new European Coordination and Support Action (CSA) with the objectives of involving relevant stakeholders in the action and attracting large public support. This position will be a key role in ensuring that this project informs public knowledge, debate and decision-making in solar-energy for circular economy issues (www.sunriseaction.eu).
- Coordinate dissemination and communication (D&C) activities across all partner institutions of a European network formed by 20 main institutions and more than 100 supporters, in collaboration with the network management team. This includes responsibility for the measurement, evaluation and reporting of all the D&C activities.
- Write press releases, be in charge of the production of supporting communication materials (e.g. leaflets, newsletters), website and social media updates for the project.
- Participate in the drafting of Data Management Plans and other project deliverables.
- Promote awareness of the European network within Europe and attract stakeholders’ interest in the project.
- Build relationships with members of the network, research partner organisations, NGOs, science policy intitutions and other relevant stakeholders that play a role in solar energy for a circular economy.
- Support the Research Projects Department at ICIQ with the writing of competitive projects.