The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Technician.
Under the supervision of the SHEQ manager and with the collaboration of the administrative support, the applicant will need to:
- Collaborate with the organization of the Entry Card preparation and manage de daily communicates to the newcomers (Initial Prevention Training & General Preventive Information). Receive, send and store the related documents.
- Organise the initial and periodic medical check-up dates for all the ICIQ staff and conduct their follow-up,
- Select, stock, deliver and record the Personal Protective Equipment deliveries to the ICIQ staff (lab coats, trousers, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, masks, filters, etc.).
- Manage the previous information exchange between ICIQ and the external companies for a proper compliance about the ICIQ Business Activities Coordination procedure. Make the follow-up and the updates about their documentation status.
- Conduct the follow up about the ICIQ staff leaves. (Recover the PPE’s, locker keys and entry cards).
- Manage the entry permissions data basis and update the changes.
- Manage the training and medical check-up data basis.
- Collaborate with the weekly laundry service (pick up and prepare the clothes to be sent and check the already returned units from the laundry).
- Apply, store, improve and maintain the SHEQ managing system documentation: training questionnaires, information, PPE’s delivery forms, medical aptitudes, delivery notes and invoices from our suppliers, etc.
- Conduct the revision about the content of some first aid boxes. Receive and store the documents related with the revisions conducted by the safety Coordinators in the laboratories.
- Collaborate with the ICIQ Fire Fighting Detection System and the emergency devices.
- Collaborate with ICIQ CTTV and Alarm System.
- Collaborate with other ICIQ units to ensure the good performance of the SHEQ unit (Accounting, IT, Maintenance, HR, Purchasing, Reception, etc.)
- Provide guidance to the injured people in case of accident if needed and conduct the accident related documentation and some investigation reports.
- Collaborate with the ICIQ environmental and waste managing systems (classify special reagents and wastes, interact with the waste managing companies, verify the safety of the waste storage and transport, etc.).
- Act as an alternate SHEQ unit representative (supervising the dangerous works, during SHEQ manager absences, etc.)
- Give technical support to all ICIQ staff.
- Develop new SHEQ instructions, procedures and communicates.
- Feed and maintain the SHEQ space in the intranet.
- Other specific technical tasks.