The MedChem Unit is specialized in drug discovery and development processes. It counts with highly qualified personnel working with the ICIQ know-how and state-of-art equipment to offer quickly and optimal solutions for your drug Discovery projects.
Some projects and services available at ICIQ’s MedChem Unit:
- Hit finding: Discovery of new biological active structures for a specific therapeutic target.
- Hit to lead: Chemical structure diversification to improve activity and ADME/TOX properties.
- Lead optimization: Drug design, optimizing target interactions and pharmacokinetic properties through SAR (Structure Activity Relationships).
- Drug development: Synthesis and early-scale-up optimization of selected candidates for clinical trials.
- Custom synthesis: Synthesis of small molecules including impurities, analytical standards, methabolites, chemical markers, catalysts, ligands, etc.
- Route scouting: Design and synthesis of new or alternative synthetic routes for specific target molecules.
- Computational Chemistry Molecular modeling: Computer assisted drug design using state of the art software tailored to the particular characteristics of the binding pocket, improving significantly the efficiency of binding properties of candidates.