The ICIQ is a research Institute in the area of chemistry, aimed at becoming an internationally recognized leading institution in the field of chemistry committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge. The institute also has two other objectives: Knowledge and technology transfer to the chemical, pharmaceutical and energy industrial sectors and that of training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizen’s quality of life. We are achieving this by conducting top quality research on two main areas: Catalysis and Renewable Energies.
ICIQ is looking for an Events Manager to cover a sick leave and an extended maternity leave. S/he will organize scientific events at ICIQ. S/he will report to the communications director and will work in close collaboration with ICIQ group leaders and IT department.
- Plan and oversee ICIQ’s scientific events (seminars, symposiums, workshops, courses) from start to finish.
- Organize calendar of meetings between ICIQ researchers and invited speakers.
- Travel and accommodation reservations.
- Manage suppliers and logistics required.
- Prepare budgets and justification of expenses.
- Give support in the search of funding.
- Mailing lists and database management.
- Announce the events on ICIQ corporate website and other communication platforms.
- Control of the ICIQ merchandising.
- Preparation of our internal section “Plan your week”.
- i-MARINA excel management.
- Control and management of ZOOM platform.
- Control and management of the hybrid thesis defenses.