The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Transfer Technician to work in the Knowledge Transfer Technologies (KTT) Department.
This position will be funded by the Investigo Programme aimed at facilitating the entry into the work force for young professionals, following the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, financed by the European Union-NextGenerationEU. The program targets young professionals between the ages of 16 and 30 who are seeking employment to develop and execute tasks and initiatives related to the field of research and innovation.
For more information on the Investigo Programme, you can review the program guidelines here.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Renewable Energy and Catalysis. The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
The Knowledge Transfer Technologies (KTT) Department aims at strengthening collaborations with the industrial sector, notably by transferring ICIQ technologies to new or existing companies, as a means of increasing social impact and contributing to the economic support of the Institute.
The Transfer Officer will join the KTT area to boost and strengthen the assessment and transfer of knowledge of the research results obtained at ICIQ.
- Follow-up on ICIQ’s research results to identify exploitable outcomes.
- Contribution to the market strategy of the knowledge transfer unit.
- Rating intangible assets such as patents and utility models.
- Search for possible contributing or patenting companies and contract research companies.
- Advising on the establishment of new technology-based companies (spin-offs).
- Performing business audience presentations and attend to business visits at ICIQ.
- Follow-up on funding calls and partnerships with the industrial sector.