The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Laboratory Technician in Training to work in the High Throughput Experimentation Unit of the Research Support Area.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Catalysis and Renewable Energy. (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
The candidate will work in the High Throughput Experimentation Unit of the Research Support Area at ICIQ. This core facilities Unit is dedicated to run a high number of reactions in parallel at microscale in order to speed up reaction discovery and synthetic development.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, checking and calibration of the lab equipment (mainly GC-MS, UPLC-MS, SFC and glove box).
- Develop analytical methods using GC-MS/FID, UPLC-MS/DAD, SFC-DAD.
- Develop data processing methods with a HTE-analysis software.
- Evaluate and interpret large datasets.
- Help the ICIQ researchers in the use of the facilities
- Management and maintenance of the reagents library
- Lab organization (inventory, orders, managing repairs…)