The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to work in the CSOL unit.
This position will be funded by the Investigo Programme aimed at acilitating the entry into the work force for young professionals, following the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, financed by the European Union-NextGenerationEU. The program targets young professionals between the ages of 16 and 30 who are seeking employment to develop and execute tasks and initiatives related to the field of research and innovation.
For more information on the Investigo Program, you can review the program guidelines here.
ICIQ is one of the world’s internationally recognized leading institutions in the field of chemistry committed to solving major social and economic challenges by conducting top quality research in two main areas: Renewable Energy and Catalysis. The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programs to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
The researcher will join the CSOL unit, the laboratory for innovation, titration valorization and prototyping of the technologies discovered in ICIQ in the fields of sustainable chemistry, health, and renewable energies, aimed at bringing them closer to the market.
- Scaling of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for CO2 capture.
- Optimizing the extrusion process of the MOF and formation of pellets.
- Conduct studies on the adsorption of CO2 to the MOF.
Additionally, other tasks may include:
- Scaling of catalyst synthesis for the reaction of water electrolysis and the generation of green hydrogen and other added value products.
- Scale of conversion of chemical residues into new polymeric compounds.
- Synthesis of medical chemistry libraries based on chemical structures and methodologies developed in ICIQ.
- Scale and synthesis of innovative ICIQ catalysts to make them accessible to the scientific community.