The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking two Postdoctoral Researchers to work in Dr. Katherine Villa’s research group. This position will be funded by an ERC-StG project (PhotoSwim).
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for two Postdoctoral Researchers to work in Dr. Katherine Villa’s Research Group. The project will deal with the design of hybrid self-propelled nanoswimmers.
- Design and development of photocatalytic-based nanoswimmers and persistent luminescent materials with different synthetic methods.
- Characterize energy/charge transfer dynamics among components.
- Study of motion mechanisms.
- Write reports and scientific articles.
- Present research findings at internal meetings and conferences
- Provide guidance and support to students and team members.
- Manage and monitor lab safety.