All the application procedure will be made online. Other means of application will not be considered. Applicants must fill out and submit the online application form available at the Jobs & Grants section on ICIQ’s website (https://www.iciq.org/jobs-grants/).
Only one application per person will be considered. In case of multiple applications, we will just consider the first application submitted.
After completing online the personal data fields, applicants must attach the following documents:
- Required documentation
- A full Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format). It should include the academic background, work or research experience, publications, conferences, grants and awards, previous participation in ICIQ programmes, other relevant merits and references.
- A personal statement that describes the applicant’s academic background, research experience and career goals (maximum two DIN A4 pages, in PDF format). This is a very important part. Please take the time to communicate what your interests are and how they would fit into carrying out your PhD at ICIQ. You should also mention the group that you would like to join to carry out your PhD and the reasons you are interested in the group leader and the research project.
- Official transcripts of your BSc and MSc studies in PDF format. A scanned copy of the certified academic record of the studies granting access to the PhD programme (BSC and MSc if available). In case that the MSc studies have not yet been completed at the time of the application, include details on the subjects in which you are currently enrolled (subject name and number of credits). For academic records not issued in Catalan, Spanish or English, a certified translation in English should be provided. For degrees obtained in foreign institutions, the academic record must include the range of marks used in the corresponding countries and the minimum mark to pass, as well as the hours or ECTS and marks for each subject.
- Contact details for letters of recommendation of two University professors or other relevant individuals who can assess your potential for research. We will directly contact the persons you list for letters of recommendation only in the event that you are shorlisted. We suggest informing them.
- English proficiency level: Applicants must provide evidence of their proficiency in written and oral communication in the English language. Preferably, by the submission of a B2 certificate, First Certificate, IELTS 6 or equivalent. Alternatively, late stage candidates will be interviewed to assess their English level. Applicants from Anglosphere (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) are exempted from this requirement
- Desirable documentation
- Chemistry level: The score of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – Chemistry Test is an added advantage for evaluation.
Please note that documents sent in hard copy cannot be processed.
Applicants should select only one PhD supervisor.
Once the application has been successfully completed, an acknowledgement e-mail will be automatically sent. Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.