On its first edition, the ICIQ-Severo Ochoa International Mobility Programme has awarded seven grants to support excellent early-stage researchers to develop an investigation project of their own in an international institution abroad.
The first call of the programme was addressed to ICIQ pre-doctoral students in the second half of their doctoral studies. The fellowships will allow our researchers to experience a different research environment as well as complement their research training.
Congratulations to the awarded predocs:
- Alèria García Roca (Kleij group) will join for four months Dr. Julia Khusnutdinova’s group at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST, Japan)
- Alba Helena Pérez (Echavarren group) will be working for three months in Dr. Abraham Mendoza’s laboratory at Stockholm University (Sweden)
- Davide Spinnato (Melchiorre group) will do a four month stay in Dr. Josep Cornellà’s group at the Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung in Mülheim an der Ruhr (Germany)
- Enric Petrus (Bo group) will join Prof. Markus Reiher’s group at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Switzerland for four months
- Juanjo Cabezas (Galán-Mascarós & Vidal groups) will be working for three months in the group of Dr. David Fairén Jiménez at the University of Cambridge (UK)
- Sergio Pablo García (López group) will join Prof. Alán Aspuru-Guzik’s group at the University of Toronto (Canada) for a three-month stay
- David Pascual (Lloret-Fillol group) will be working for three months at Imperial College London (UK) in the group of Prof. James Durrant
Two more calls of the ICIQ-Severo Ochoa International Mobility Programme will open during the spring of 2022 and 2023.
The ICIQ-Severo Ochoa International Mobility Programme is possible thanks to the funding of the “Severo Ochoa” Centres of Excellence Programme CEX2019-000925-S, 2020-2023, MICINN/AEI.