Crysforma – crystallization solutions – is a technology development unit oriented to offer complete scientific and technological support in the field of pharmaceutical solid state development.
Selecting the appropriate solid form of a pharmaceutical active compound assures optimum physical and chemical solid state properties: solubility, dissloution rate, hygroscopipcity and stability. These properties can have a significant influence on the bioavailability of the final drug.
- Comprehensive polymorphism, salt and co-crystal screenings of a drug substance.
- Scale-up of the optimal polymorph, salt or co-crystal.
- Determination of the relative stability of different polymorphic forms.
- Development of reliable procedures to prepare selected polymorphs.
- Development of analytical methods for polymorph quantification.
- Crystallization of compounds difficult to crystallize or formerly only known as amorphous solids.
- Development and scale-up of robust crystallization procedures.
- Resolution of chiral compounds by selective diastereomeric salt crystallization.
- Crystallizations oriented to the preparation of single crystals and structure determination by single crystal X-ray diffraction.
- Characterization of the solid state (PXRD, SCXRD, DSC, TGA, IR, Raman, PSD, DVS, BET, microscopy,…).